Kahler Slater to work on various projects with Habitat for Humanity next week Tuesday, September 10 in continuation of the two organizations’ partnership.
MILWAUKEE, WI and MADISON, WI – Kahler Slater is continuing to celebrate its year-long partnership with Habitat for Humanity by teaming up with the organization in a day-long retreat on September 10. During the retreat, Kahler Slater will volunteer at several different sites with Habitat for Humanity, helping with activities ranging from installing solar lighting panels on neighborhood homes to prepping building components such as window and door frames for the Habitat teams to use at new housing sites.
“Kahler Slater is looking forward to the opportunity to work side-by-side with Habitat for Humanity,” said Kahler Slater chief executive officer George Meyer. “Our employees have learned a lot about the mission of Habitat for Humanity this year and are eager to spend a day in support of that mission.”
Kahler Slater associates will be separated into eight teams, from both the Kahler Slater Milwaukee and Madison offices. They include the following groups:
- Habitat ReStore Milwaukee: This group will be assisting the Habitat ReStore in Milwaukee with various projects, including building shelving, pricing items and arranging displays.
- Community Development Sites: This group will be working with a handful of houses that have hardware projects, including installing solar lighting in garages and alleyways, as well as putting locks on windows and doors.
- Habitat ReStore Wauwatosa: This group will be assisting the Habitat ReStore in Wauwatosa with various projects, including building shelving, pricing items and arranging displays.
- New Housing Site: This group will be on-site at one of the Habitat housing sites helping “cap the foundations” to get ready for build week, including installing the 1st floor on basement, dry walling, painting and installing exterior siding.
- Renovation Sites: This group will be working with select houses that need minor renovation or preservation work done, including painting and re-siding.
- Habitat Warehouse: This group will be working in the Habitat Warehouse, helping to prep building components for the Habitat teams to use at new housing sites, including sanding and painting window and door frames, as well as trimming and assembling shelving.
- New Housing Site: This group will be working with the Habitat for Humanity of Dane County on a new build house. They will be working on framing the 2nd story walls.
- Habitat Office Refresh: This group will give Habitat’s office lobby a fresh look, including selecting furniture from the ReStore, painting, hanging signage/graphics, moving furniture and assisting with additional decorating tasks.
Kahler Slater kicked off its initial partnership with Habitat for Humanity with the launch of a “ReStock the ReStore” campaign earlier this year in June 2013. The campaign goal was to raise awareness of the Habitat for Humanity ReStores amongst the enterprise and drive donations of items to restock the ReStores’ inventories of new and used furniture, building materials and more. Kahler Slater ultimately collected over 25,948 lbs (13 tons) of items to be donated to the ReStore!
This fall, Kahler Slater will continue to support Habitat for Humanity in various capacities during the firm’s United Way Days of Caring.
About Kahler Slater
Founded in 1908, Milwaukee-based Kahler Slater began as a regional provider of architecture and interior design services and has grown to become a global, award-winning team of Experience Designers. With three offices in the United States and Singapore, Kahler Slater is a team of creative problem-solvers who work with visionary clients seeking better experiences and environments for themselves and the people they serve. Follow Kahler Slater online at www.kahlerslater.com and on Twitter at @KAHLERSLATER.