Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity affirms its social and legal commitment to promote an atmosphere and environment that recognizes the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity. Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who are we?
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization working to break down the barriers to safe, affordable homeownership for local families in need. By helping families become first-time homebuyers and making critical home repair affordable for existing homeowners, we empower our community. Currently, 1 in 3 Milwaukee renters spend half or more of their income on housing. As part of Habitat's team, you'll help create equitable access to homeownership, empowering local families to invest in a safe, stable place to call home
Full Time Benefits
We care about our employees, and know that strong, holistic support is good for staff and good for Habitat’s mission. Check out our generous employment package:
- Freedom to choose one of our three medical plans:
- Two copay plans
- One high-deductible health plan with health savings account
- Milwaukee Habitat pays 70% of medical premiums
- Dental and Vision plans, Milwaukee Habitat pays 50% of premiums
- Coverage available for your spouse, domestic partner, and/or eligible dependents
Plan for the future
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Health savings accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance at no cost to you
- Life insurance paid by Milwaukee Habitat
- Supplemental life insurance available for purchase
Enjoy time off
- Generous paid time off
- Ten paid holidays to celebrate
Make an impact
- Habitat for Humanity breaks down the barriers to safe, affordable homeownership for local families in need. By helping families become first-time homebuyers and making critical home repair affordable for existing homeowners, we empower our community.
Note: All benefits are subject to change without notice. Comprehensive benefits package will be included in position offer.
How to apply
Resumes and Cover letters
Along with your resume, your application material is strengthened with a cover letter. Cover letters help us learn a little bit more about you, but do not need to be extensive in length. While you may include many items, here are three questions we recommend you address.
- Why are you interested in applying for the position?
- What is attractive to you about working at Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity?
- What special/unique personal or professional experiences or skills do you have that would help us meet our mission?
Cover letters should be attached to resumes and submitted as one document, if possible. Your resume will not be disqualified if it is submitted without a cover letter.
We read through all applications and sometimes we get hundreds of applications for one role. Depending on the number of applications we receive, it can take up to a couple of weeks after the deadline to read the applications and select a group of candidates for interviews. We select candidates based on the strength of match of the position needs and the candidate’s skills and experiences, objectives, and narrative (cover letter).
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by our Human Resources (HR) department to arrange a time for the initial phone screen. Subsequent rounds of interviews will be explained by an HR representative as appropriate.
Why outlining this process is important to us
Due to the high volume of open positions and candidates, the HR department is often unable to follow up individually with all applicants. In most cases, you’ve reached this page because you are interested in getting more involved with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity. For this, we are grateful and want to provide as much clarity around the process as we can.
Thank you for your interest!
AMERICORPS & VISTA
AmeriCorps members serve in a variety of different leadership capacities to support Habitat: on the construction site, in the office, and at our ReStores. Milwaukee Habitat accepts applications and selects members on a rolling basis from mid-June through July. If you are interested in learning more about the Habitat AmeriCorps program here in Milwaukee, please see AmeriCorps & VISTA.