Milwaukee Habitat is now offering free lead abatement services for homeowners in the areas where we're building. Qualifying homeowners can have lead paint removed at NO COST.
Lead abatement is designed to permanently eliminate lead-based paint hazards in the home. If your home was built before 1978 it may contain lead paint. Homes built before 1950 usually have the highest concentrations of lead paint. Repairing and remodeling painted surfaces in homes built before 1978, if done in an unsafe manner, can be hazardous to children. If lead dust is swallowed or breathed, it can cause lead poisoning.
Remove Lead From:
- Exterior Walls
- & More
Lead abatement can require full replacement of these items. This would all be done at no cost for qualified homeowners.
If you own your home in the Midtown or Harambee neighborhoods (highlighted in blue) you may qualify!
- Own & Live In Your Home
- Property was built before 1978
- Property taxes are current
- Applicant must have homeowners insurance that covers complete loss for property
- Household must have children or pregnant woman living in or regularly visiting the home
- Child or pregnant woman living in household (or regularly visiting) must be eligible for Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus insurance
- Child or pregnant woman in household must be CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) eligible
- Household income must not exceed income guidelines
|Maximum Monthly Income Guidelines|
|# of people in