Volunteer Groups make up the majority of our construction site volunteers and engaging your group at one of Habitat’s ReStore is also a great way to stay connected to Habitat’s mission!
How to sign up your group to volunteer at Habitat
- Once the information is submitted a Habitat representative will contact you about next steps.
- ReStore opportunities are filled on a rolling basis
- The construction schedule is set a couple of months in advance and released 4-6 times a year, unless something is immediately available for the timeframe you indicated. Milwaukee Habitat schedules our house sponsors first and then is able to release the remaining dates on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once all of the group days for that time frame have been filled, you will have the opportunity to join our waitlist in case a group cancels. Depending on the season, weather, and building schedule we ask your patience while we set the schedule.
- Please note as priority scheduling is given to our sponsorship partners generally during summer months most construction opportunities are filled volunteers from our sponsors. Learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.
- Once the date is confirmed we send additional information including details on how to have your team sign up through our online volunteer system. As part of the confirmation we provide a “join code” and with that, team members can use the link below to sign up. If individuals are returning with the same group they can use the link below without needing to re-enter the code. This online system completes the waiver signing process and we’ll also be able to reach out in the event of inclement weather or with other changes.
PLEASE NOTE: Have you volunteered since April 2016? Even if you didn’t sign up online, we may have already created a username for you. You can request your username (using your email address) by clicking here. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Beth Van Gorp at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can check and provide this information if that process doesn’t work.