Our youth programs give young people (ages 5-18) the opportunity to invest directly in their communities and in community service. We try to share opportunities for Milwaukee’s youth to work together and gain valuable leadership skills. Our programs are open to youth from any and all background, faiths, and organizations in greater Milwaukee.
We want to work with groups of enthusiastic volunteers to build homes, support our fundraising efforts, develop leadership skills, and become advocates for the Habitat mission. Check out the different ways to experience the joy of helping others!
Ways YOUth can get involved!
- Take a field trip! When you take a field trip with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, you learn about the need for affordable housing in Milwaukee by witnessing it firsthand. Students are taken on a tour of Milwaukee Habitat sites, may get to meet our volunteers or homeowners, can see a finished house, get a tour of our warehouse, and visit one of our ReStores. For more information, please see our Field Trips Information Sheet.
- We can come to you! We would love to come to your school or youth organization and share Habitat’s work across the globe and right here in Milwaukee. We can tailor our presentation to what would most appeal to the kids you work with.
- Gift-a-family! Youth can make welcome baskets, greeting cards, miniature homes, and other fun gifts for families and present them to the homeowners.
- Up-cycling! Take donated goods from our ReStore and decorating, painting, or otherwise improving upon the items to increase sale value. Great for creative, DIY art students.
- Building on Youth! Three-step program (Learn, Act, Reflect) for students interested in gaining a holistic view of Habitat for Humanity.
- Create your own event or fundraiser! Let the young people you work with plan their own event. Milwaukee Habitat is willing to provide support in any capacity. We do require adult supervision for all events, so please plan for someone to be there.
For more ideas, please see our Youth Program Volunteer Opportunities list.
If you are interested in any of these options, or have your own idea for a youth activity, Catherine Brown at 414-316-5620
Milwaukee Habitat Youth Program Partners